Friday, January 29, 2016

Been There | Jebel Hafeet Mountain, Al Ain City Adventure


As the night falls, the lights emerging to form from darkness to a beautiful jewel, overlooking and awesome scenery of Al Ain in Jebel Hafeet Mountain. With intrigue hilltop niche allows you to capture the exhibiting flourishing views to its fullest. Therefore whenever you pass Al Ain never missed to stop the romantic scenery of Jebel Hafeet.


Today I am starting my new blog with a pledge of posting at least 2-blog entries per month. Being today “Friday” (weekend) after the most hyped dooms full week of bustling at work seems to be a good day for me to write a new post from what I had gone through the year 2015.


It was a milestone, roller coaster ride and superb year where I achieved one of my bucket lists, though this seems to be a small thing but I’d still consider it already an achievement of its own. 



Hiking to the Jebel Hafeet Mountain, Al Ain UAE from its foothills and the highest Peak  - a long steep, creepy stretch road from The Green Mubazzara is indeed fun and amazing journey!




I love being on the road, but the funny thing is: I can't drive. :(
Two weeks before Christmas early last year, one of my friend in town invited to join and go on a hike in Jebel Hafeet Mountains in celebration of her birthday. We recall it a long drive so we opted to leave Dubai early after the evening mass or “simbang-gabi” as we call it. Simbang gabi is a traditional filipino beliefs that every year we must complete the 9 morning mass so our wishes / dreams will come true or at least somehow you're part of the holy mass across UAE. 

It was a two-hour and a half drive from Dubai and we weren't sure about the exact location but with ample road signs, we easily found our way to the mountain. We arrived there at 2 o’clock in the morning and it was insanely cold. Our road trip doesn’t end there. Of course we cannot just leave Jebel Hafeet without taking selfies. ;)



At the bottom of Jebel Hafeet lies the beautiful park called Green Mubazzarah. This park is special because this was one of the last projects of Sheikh Zayed, the country’s founding president. I’m told that Sheikh Zayed was often referred as “the man who turned the deserts green”.  This is the camping area, and we camped here till dawn.











I feel so fulfilled having done this trip.
I must say that I have been to Al Ain, Sharjah, Ajman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai
And yes, I haven’t been to all 7 Emirates but I'm almost there.
Till' next time..
xx

2 comments:

  1. Awesome place thanks for sharing :) So different to the Dubai/UAE that I always see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, really a nice place I'm planning of going back. Thanks for dropping by btw, :)

    ReplyDelete